RPL exercise - Last Digits of Primes (HP 49G, G+, 50g)
06-02-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: RPL exercise - Last Digits of Primes (HP 49G, G+, 50g)
Hi, Gerson:

(06-02-2019 10:43 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  Thank you very much for the HP-71B version, much appreciated!

I’ve noticed, however, FPRIM() is not a standard HP-71B function. I assume it’s a LEX file, a Language EXtension file by what I can remember. So, my question – not addressed exclusively to you, but to whom else can answer it – is: what is the easiest way to implement it on the real HP-71B or at least on Emu71?

The easiest way to implement it on the real HP-71B or on Emu71 is by plugging in the JPC ROM, which is where the FPRIM keyword and dozens of others reside, and that is what I always do with my HP-71B, because an HP-71B it's not a "real" HP-71B but an emasculated one unless you fit it with a Math ROM, a JPC ROM and an HP-IL ROM. Oh, and a 128 Kb CMT RAM module, for good measure.

That's the power HP machine I use at all times and have been saying and advocating that much for the last 20+ years in this and the old forum, nothing new here.

Frankly, I don't quite see why RPL machines can use this or that library all the time without anyone raising an eyebrow (me included) and the moment I use a "library" (a ROM) with my HP-71B someone goes and asks what is "the easiest way to implement it on the real HP-71B".

Is my HP-71B unreal to you or what ?
I take it that you don't use any libraries with your RPL models, then ?

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPL exercise - Last Digits of Primes (HP 49G, G+, 50g) - Valentin Albillo - 06-02-2019 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)