41CV won't turn on after reassembly. Did I kill it?
05-12-2019, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2019 01:33 AM by burkhard.)
RE: 41CV won't turn on after reassembly. Did I kill it?
(05-12-2019 12:50 AM)mfleming Wrote:  
(05-11-2019 11:46 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  But knowing that it's pretty easy to swap the circuit board, and that my CV is of a compatible type, maybe some day.

My thought exactly about the FRAM71 Sad

Exactly my sad dilemma on the FRAM71. I learned from that and now have (and love) my 41CL.

If there's risk associated with opening it up for a 41CL swap, I'm not sure what it would be, unless you drop it on the floor while doing so or maybe spill your Coke on it. Many (most?) of them would benefit from getting their cracked posts repaired before it is a bigger problem, anyhow.

If you wait too long on a 41CL, it will be assuredly too late. The electronic components these sort of projects are based on are not produced forever. When they are discontinued, the party is over. Or at least the music has stopped and anybody who didn't grab a seat is out (non-US readers... a reference to a children's party game here).

Get while the gettin's good! Tick tick tick...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CV won't turn on after reassembly. Did I kill it? - burkhard - 05-12-2019 01:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)