One letter sent to Richard Nelson years ago - the Power of the PPC Journal
07-04-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: One letter sent to Richard Nelson years ago - the Power of the PPC Journal
Really nice. As chance would have it, I've been perusing many issues of 65 Notes (renamed to PPC Journal on Jan 1, 1978) lately while developing the HP-55 emulator. These guys did amazing things with the early HP calculators. Anyone remember John Rausch, inventor of the famous Rausch overlay, mostly used for word games and coding messages? Also author of Mugwump Hunt...
A few years ago, the same John Rausch got hold of an HP-65 for me, fixed the card reader, then sent the fully functioning calculator across the Atlantic so I could develop RPN-65!
Sadly, haven't from him after he moved to Bexley, OH, in October 2015, although he promised to stop by in Zurich on one of his frequent trips to relatives in Germany and fix the card reader of my HP-67. I do know that he was still in close contact with Richard Nelson at that time.

As to the shortest Fibonacci numbers program, you can't probably get much shorter than this:
01 RCL + LASTx
02 GTO 01
You have to initialize the program with:
0 ENTER 1 +

Granted, not too many calculators have a merged RCL+LASTx command... Among my emulators, only RPN-32 and RPN-38 come to mind.

Willy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One letter sent to Richard Nelson years ago - the Power of the PPC Journal - Willy R. Kunz - 07-04-2019 01:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)