Custom Menus on High-End RPL Machines
04-03-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: Custom Menus on High-End RPL Machines
(04-03-2019 05:49 PM)Giuseppe Donnini Wrote:  Well, I actually did, and not only that, I also transcribed Bill Wickes' four-hour talk on the HP-28C at the University of Maryland, College Park, in 1987. But both are not yet ready for the public's eye, it's just a first raw sketch that still needs a lot of polishing. And the task is certainly not facilitated by the deafening background noise of these old records—let alone the fact that English isn't my native language.

Well, IMHO there is no need to make such a transcription perfect, it will never be perfect and no one needs it perfect, so I'd say don't even try; the gist of the content is what matters most - someone in the audience on those occasions may not have heard every word perfectly, but that didn't take away from what they heard Bill say.

On the other hand, there is no rush to polish it up, so take your time. Until today, no one was even expecting it... Wink

Also, English may in fact not be your native language, but I'd never know that from reading your posts.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Menus on High-End RPL Machines - rprosperi - 04-03-2019 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)