Question regarding new SST down arrow function ...
03-31-2019, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 01:29 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Question regarding new SST down arrow function ...
(03-31-2019 02:24 AM)budmur Wrote:  
(03-27-2019 02:47 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  You didn't know about spelling out names? And you're blaming me for that? SMH

To be fair, the concept of typing out commands is unusual for someone who knows the 42S, but not the 41. Are there any native 42S commands that aren't in 《CATALOG》《FCN》that must be typed out (except for 41 compatibility ones?)

Fair enough, good point. I guess it wouldn't hurt to clarify that somewhere.
(UPDATE: New FAQ entry.)

But the answer to your question is yes: [MIN], [MAX], and [FIND]. (The brackets are not meant to indicate that these are keystrokes, as per the usual convention; rather, they are part of the command names.) They are not just missing from the FCN catalog but from the manual as well. Big Grin

N.B. The reason that SST↓ is not in the FCN catalog is that it isn't a function in its own right, but merely an alternate spelling of SST, and the FCN catalog only lists functions by their primary spellings. One could argue that an exception should be made in this case, but because of the way the FCN catalog is built, that is not as easy as one might think. Not to mention inelegant, but that's just me, I guess.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question regarding new SST down arrow function ... - Thomas Okken - 03-31-2019 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)