[VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #24: "2019 Spring Special 5-tier"
03-23-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #24: "2019 Spring Special 5-tier"
(03-23-2019 12:40 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  P.S.: What would it take to lure you into releasing a version of Emu71 which would run on a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows OS, or at least on Android ? Begging ? Bribing ? Taking some relative hostage ? Just plain ol' money ? You tell me, please, it's really affecting my productivity !! Big Grin

Valentin - Emu71/DOS runs great on Win7/8/10 (including x64) operating under DOSBOX, though of course not at the full speed it would run if running as native code.

So, if by productivity you mean having to change to a DOS machine to run Emu71, then the above would save a lot of time and hassle, however if raw Emu71 execution speed is the issue, this may not be a big increase in speed, if it increases at all.

As for using Christoph's EMU71/Win, you can remove the "run at actual speed" option and have much higher speed, but I don't know how it compares to native Emu71/DOS on your machine.

If you send me a sample program with relatively long run-time, I'd be happy to time it running on my PC under both Emu71/DOS/DOSBOX and Emu71/Win at it's max speed. This is an older PC with a XEON 3GHz CPU running Win7x64, so not the fastest, but it at least provides some relative performance numbers.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #24: "2019 Spring Special 5-tier" - rprosperi - 03-23-2019 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)