Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect
03-08-2019, 02:01 AM
RE: Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect
(03-08-2019 01:02 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  OK, I took a deep breath and cut an actual magnetic card, and tried with that. It went in a lot farther than the cardboard strip before encountering resistance, and I was finally able to get a write-protected card to pass through without Error. Progress!

Unfortunately, the re-written card still gives me Error when I try to read it back. Could be the card itself has gone bad, or maybe I just need to experiment some more to find out exactly how deep the cut-off card should be inserted. Enough for today; to be continued...

Try cleaning the card with a pen eraser (Staedtler Mars, etc.). Sometimes this will clean the oxidation that has built up on the magnetic side of the cards; be careful how you hold the card down while rubbing, it is easy to bend a card. But sometimes, these cards can be too worn or affected by strong enough magnetic fields that they can't be restored to working order again.

Send me your address via PM, I'll mail you some cards.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect - rprosperi - 03-08-2019 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)