Thread Closed 
Plummeting insect numbers threaten collapse of nature
05-09-2019, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2019 07:04 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Plummeting insect numbers threaten collapse of nature
(05-09-2019 05:13 AM)Dan Wrote:  Unfortunately, even a report that took three years to compile by experts in their field and draws on 15,000 reference materials will just be dismissed by some. I never could understand that kind of thinking, if you can call it that. I guess that's one reason why the world is in this situation, and why I'm afraid things will just get worse.

I ask my question myself continuously. The best unverified answer that I have so far is based on how our kind learned to socialize over time.

If A and B have an argument, of whatever type, if A accepts that B is right, while it is great for the collective knowledge pushing for better solutions, at "guts" level it means that A is recognizing a superior ability of B. Therefore B gains prestige in the community (a tribe or whatever) and therefore B has now a higher chance of reproduction and survival than A.

Therefore the impulse is "No, B will never get my recognition, no matter what".

Then there are other ideas, for example "if I accept this argument, a part of the way I see the world cracks" and this means insecurity, as if the soil under your feet is removed. You don't stand anymore on a solid platform.

And we are all victim of this sooner or later. The challenge is to minimize the time it happens.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plummeting insect numbers threaten collapse of nature - pier4r - 05-09-2019 07:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)