Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
02-15-2019, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2019 11:16 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
Well I would argue that HID devices aren't supported because the majority of the target audience won't attach them to the calculator.
As always think about the economical effort (even just in brain cycles) of a feature to develop, support and expand for few individuals.

Dunno why the TI did it, it would be interesting to know. Maybe they did it because teacher can type commands faster. I would personally use a computer to type things, it is clumsy to type with a micro monitor. With the prime and the connectivity kit it is quite quick to control the system.

Also for the programming languages. I would first dive deep in one, without thinking "oh 5 programming languages are better than 3!!!1111eleven". The latter thought it is not how it works. It depends on the problem to solve. This or that language helps to solve this or that problem. In the past I tried nspire and lua (n1), without the TI software program, it is possible to code use lua but it is very clumsy so all the power of the nspire ends up not being used.

For example on the TI 84you can use C, but more often than not I see people debating about the possibilities of using C rather than producing a result with it. If there is no usage, it makes also no difference whether C is there or not.

Thus for comparison, since you mention the ti84, can you show us what you did with that calculator? Links to your work are fine.

n1: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8106.html

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions. - pier4r - 02-15-2019 11:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)