Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
02-15-2019, 06:07 AM
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
Hello

(02-15-2019 01:18 AM)Dave Shaffer Wrote:  
(02-14-2019 11:19 PM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  Unrelated: Why does this site look and feel like it came straight out of the '90s? Tongue

I suppose among other things, it's because a lot of us come from the 90s (or even a lot earlier: I got my HP 35 in 1973! - and still have it)

To some of us, it looks like it comes from the 90s because we like futuristic things :-)

comp.sys.hp48 had such a great user interface!

>USB keyboard
Short answer: No.
Long answer: the keyboard will actually be recognized and enumerated, but no driver were written (sorry, I was otherwise buzzy), so pressing on keys will not do anything. Plus, keyboards are a pain because they are all different. Had primed supported ONE keyboard, it would have been an azerty one:-).

>1. Does the Prime have an app to graph 3D parametric equations
Nope, only Z= ones at the moment

>2. Also, where's a good resource for learning the language?
Here? looking at other's programs, like Han? Build in help actually has quite a lot, including example...

>3. Exactly what language(s) does the Prime support?
We call it PPL for Prime Programming language. Some people compare it to Pascal.. Mostly because it uses begin and end constructs and handles ";" as an instruction separator and not a terminator... But it basically is similar to most other so called 3rd generation languages...
Python is not really supported at this point in time.

>4. What are the limits of programming this?
At the same time and lot of limits, but a lot of things that you can do...
>Can you mess with the testing LEDs?
>Is USB data transfer supported?
Nope

>How good is the graphics support? I wasn't too impressed with the double buffering that the tunnel demo program showed off, it wasn't nearly as smooth as double buffering on my TI 84 Plus CE. Are there better ways to get smoother graphics?

You get 10 graphical objects, one of them being the screen (G0). I do not remember if tunnel uses double buffering or not.

>5. Why do some HP Prime (original) programs not send to the G2?
This is not normal, they should be compatible, assuming that the FW revision are close enough

>6. What do you guys suggest I do to my Prime? Any good tips or tricks to help me do things more efficiently?
Enjoy it :-)

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions. - cyrille de brébisson - 02-15-2019 06:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)