Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
02-14-2019, 11:19 PM
Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
Hi everyone, since this is my first post I'll introduce myself. I'm not new to calculators (I'm more of a Cemetech and Texas Instruments guy) but a few days ago I got my new HP Prime G2.
I got an OTG USB type A to micro USB adapter. I know I can use my OTG USB A to mini USB adapter to connect a keyboard (a wired Logitech K120) to my TI 84 Plus CE so I assumed the same would apply to my Prime. Unfortunately, when I plugged in the adapter and the keyboard, the keyboard had no effect; it just did nothing. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is even possible, or if I'm doing something incorrect. (Yes, I've tried turning it off and on again Tongue )

A few other questions I couldn't find clearly answered:
1. Does the Prime have an app to graph 3D parametric equations like the Nspire and TI 89 do? I can find 2D parametric equations and the regular 3D graphing app, but that only does Z= equations.
2. What's the best IDE for programming on the Prime? Also, where's a good resource for learning the language? Anything like TI BASIC's TI Basic Developer website that even has a command index?
3. Exactly what language(s) does the Prime support? HP says it uses something like Pascal but is it full Pascal or some HP BASIC language? I also saw a topic that mentioned Python but I couldn't figure out if Python was actually supported or if it was a proof of concept.
4. What are the limits of programming this? Can you mess with the testing LEDs? Is USB data transfer supported? How good is the graphics support? I wasn't too impressed with the double buffering that the tunnel demo program showed off, it wasn't nearly as smooth as double buffering on my TI 84 Plus CE. Are there better ways to get smoother graphics?
5. Why do some HP Prime (original) programs not send to the G2? Is it because they're written in some language (like ASM) that the G2 doesn't support?
6. What do you guys suggest I do to my Prime? Any good tips or tricks to help me do things more efficiently?

Unrelated: Why does this site look and feel like it came straight out of the '90s? Tongue

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions. - TheLastMillennial - 02-14-2019 11:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)