Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge
06-07-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge
(05-29-2014 09:55 AM)walter b Wrote:  Oooh rats, I should replace my eyes (or something else unable to count to 6) Wink
Anyway, I like the first keyboard in that post better as stated in post #35. Labels may change but keys can't move.

d:-)

Walter, I drew up the 5/5/5/5/5 layout in LibreOffice Draw and took a screenshot. I edited my Post #34 (above) to replace the photo of the sketch.

You're CERTAIN you don't like the 5x5 layout? I'll grant you the verical big ENTER^ key is a bit odd (position-wise, for you 15C users...). But look at the key groupings! All the programming stuff on the left from the top down. All the memory stuff at upper left. Number entry upper right. Stack manipulation upper left. Arithmetic on the right. Shifts on the left. Stats on the bottom. Integer logic ops on the 123 row. Basic trig and D<-->R on the 456 row. Hyperbolics and R<-->P on the 789 row. Time stuff on the minus key. Conversions on the arithmetic keys. Sums on the plus key. ENTER, Run/Stop and Plus on the corners. Logs, exponentials and square root on the upper right. I really do think the functions group better on this board than the 5/4/4/4/4/4 board.

What's not to like? :-)
Dale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge - Dale Reed - 06-07-2014 03:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)