Best Pol/Rect and Complex Number Decomp for 35S
01-27-2019, 03:47 AM
RE: Best Pol/Rect and Complex Number Decomp for 35S
(01-26-2019 04:23 PM)Dieter Wrote:  
(01-26-2019 01:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  ...if you look closely you'll see these routines preserve the stack (incl LastX) and flags...

Yes for the stack and flags, but No regarding LastX. Which is not preserved – on exit it contains a complex number or a vector, respectively.

Well, that should teach me! I read a post claiming all was preserved and while I bothered to check the flags (by reading code) and the stack contents (by testing), and all was confirmed, I did not check the LastX and extrapolated it too was safe. Never, ever assume...

Thanks for this alternate version Dieter. For the 2nd time in a week, after not touching it for a couple years, I've decided to enter programs in my 35S. If I learned about how useful and well-behaved equations are on the 35S when I got mine in 2007, I've totally forgotten it, so Pauli and your programs are good examples of how this feature can be used to build well-behaved functions pretty easily.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Pol/Rect and Complex Number Decomp for 35S - rprosperi - 01-27-2019 03:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)