HP Classic Calculator (HP-65) back label
06-04-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: HP Classic Calculator (HP-65) back label
(06-04-2019 01:12 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  [

Could you please specify which label remover product you use, as this is an essential component of success? This is an example of where using the exactly correct product could make a big difference in the results. Knowing the manufacturer, brand name, etc. should make it easy to locate a source to acquire it locally, or if not available locally, then to find a suitable product as near the original as possible.

Thanks!

I use 3M Adhesive Remover in a spray can. There is a comment of “Citrus Base” on the label and it does have that limonene smell. Contents says “citrus extract” and propane. The propane is just the propellant; the particular citrus extract they listed has what looks to be a CAS number of 8028-48-6. You kind of have to scrape a bit with fingernails to get the original adhesive off of the label. Usually most of the original adhesive (and any replacement if it was done by the method I outlined) stays with the label when it’s removed—not so much with the calculator. The original adhesive is kind of rubbery and more rolls up like removing chewing gum, rather than dissolving off like the craft glue I use does.

The paint pens I used were the store brand “Craftsman” at Michael’s.(Definitely not the same as the old tool brand at Sears!).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classic Calculator (HP-65) back label - [kby] - 06-04-2019 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)