Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-13-2018, 04:27 PM
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-13-2018 12:51 PM)EugeneNine Wrote:  hmm, a quick check says they are not too expensive, tempting https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-9100C-C1313A...bJxa3:rk:2Tonguef:0

I'm still trying to find decent OCR software to run the 48sx manuals through though
Slightly OT, but: Back then I used an HP ScanJet 4500C with ADF, but that thing was too slow and sometimes didn't pull the sheets correctly, and duplex scanning was an unreliable pain. A wheel replacement kit would have been more expensive than the unit itself.

So I looked for a newer scanner, but even the used semi-professional units which could scan more than two pages per minute were more than 100 Euro back then, and had several thousands of work hours beind them. So in addition to the unit, you could pay for a wheel replacement kit, if available at all.

So I went for a new HP ScanJet 2500 pro f1, which offered what I wanted: Landscape format, duplex scan in one go (two scan lines. No paper wrapping acrobatics), new and unused, and therefore reliable transport mechanics, and speeeed!
The ADF feed is for less than 50 sheets, but the software allows for feeding the sheets in several chunks for the same result PDF.

-- Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - Raymond Del Tondo - 12-13-2018 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)