Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-13-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-13-2018 01:48 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(12-13-2018 12:51 PM)EugeneNine Wrote:  hmm, a quick check says they are not too expensive, tempting https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-9100C-C1313A...bJxa3:rk:2Tonguef:0

According to HP support, the latest supported version of Windows is Win-2000, so it may be more expensive than it looks to get it running again, but perhaps it also works via TWAIN?

On the system you used recently, what scanning s/w was used? Was the system running something as old as Win-2k?

I hate to wander the thread too far afield, but the lack of driver support for old scanners (which are perfectly fine) in newer operating systems is a big problem. The scanner manufacturers sadly don't care about supporting their old hardware and lay the blame on the OS maker. The OS maker in turn does the same, leaving the consumer in the lurch.

A really good *universal* (well near-universal at least) scanner software is VueScan by Hamrick software. Everything driver-wise is built-in. They continually put out updates to cover OS changes and add new scanners frequently as well. I bought my copy back a little over 4 years ago and have had many free upgrades since then (it prompts you that new one is available). It lets me use my old but nice Epson 2450 scanner which would otherwise be dead in the water. It does claim to support automatic document feeder scanners as well, although I haven't tried that.

http://www.hamrick.com/

As far as using the license for multiple computers / scanners, they say:
"You can use VueScan on up to four different computers that you personally use, with any combination of operating systems, with any number of scanners, both x32 and x64, with a single license."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - burkhard - 12-13-2018 02:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)