Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-13-2018, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2018 12:54 PM by EugeneNine.)
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-13-2018 02:23 AM)tcab Wrote:  I don't mean to criticise the wonderful effort in creating these original scans. Perhaps the HP Museum manuals could be updated to modern colour scans where available. Though then again, I don't really want to fork out more money for an updated usb stick...hmm.

I agree that reading a meticulously scanned colour HP manual is a joy - and a lesson to posterity on how to write beautiful engaging manuals.

Most of the scans are donated to the museum and not a lot of people have access to nice scanners. I was lucky to have access to the (HP) digital sender when I scanned the 48sx manuals so I could just stick in the whole stack and let it run for an hour. I've noticed that most scanners today don't have a very big ADF.

hmm, a quick check says they are not too expensive, tempting https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-9100C-C1313A...bJxa3:rk:2Tonguef:0

I'm still trying to find decent OCR software to run the 48sx manuals through though
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - EugeneNine - 12-13-2018 12:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)