Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-13-2018, 01:11 AM
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-12-2018 03:33 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  I wondered whether he/she has had a take-down request from the copyright holders; that might also explain the lack of explanation, e.g. take it down quietly and don't say we asked you to, or we'll sue you.

No, there was no such request, I confirmed this with the author.

(12-12-2018 04:16 PM)burkhard Wrote:  I'll ask again:
Is there any documentation on the greendyk.nl which is not available as a PDF already in the MoHPC archive?

No, all the manuals on his website are available in PDF form, via MoHPC, TOS or TOM (The Other Museum = hpmuseum.net).

But as I and others have lamented above, even though we have these PDFs, they don't have the same feel or charm as the original HP manuals, something this author worked incredibly hard to retain. To me, those manuals set an unmatched standard that contributed dramatically to the success and popularity of HP's machines. Like Max and others have commented on, this was a very serious commitment of time and attention to detail; unfortunately, we can only wonder about the author's core motivation to undertake such a commitment, and even more confusing to me is how one could let such art go away.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - rprosperi - 12-13-2018 01:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)