Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-12-2018, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 04:18 PM by burkhard.)
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-11-2018 08:25 PM)KimH Wrote:  If I had the (many) individual files I would be able to combine them into one PDF and make it available where desired.
Is it possible to get rhe PDFs, then I would be happy to do this?

/KimH

I'll ask again:
Is there any documentation on the greendyk.nl which is not available as a PDF already in the MoHPC archive?
•If that is the case, then yes, we should certainly make some efforts to create PDF(s) as needed to cover any holes. If someone is making the effort, hopefully they will do so hi-res color, not 100 dpi black & white.
•If everything is already available as a PDF, then I don't see a big deal really. Sure, maybe is nice for somebody new who stumbles across an HP-41C at a flea market to have an online manual, but for the rest of us, searchable, scrollable, printable, copyable PDFs are so much easier.

To me, as pretty as it was, this seemed like a lot of effort to create (and protect) an online-only derivative that looks a whole lot like the original manual, but is really a recreation. Why not just have high quality PDF photographic scans of the real manual? So much work and protection barriers for no extra benefit over a PDF... I never understood the point I guess.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - burkhard - 12-12-2018 04:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)