Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-12-2018, 12:58 PM
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-12-2018 12:43 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(12-12-2018 07:34 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I always used a very low bandwidth thereafter, and that allowed me to update my copies.

Do you mean you have an up-to-date snapshot?

If no, how low a bandwidth did you use? I was thinking of trying wget with --wait or --limit-rate, so as to not cause a lot of load on the server, and maybe --user-agent to make it a bit less obvious. The volume of content at greendyk.nl isn't all that large, or at least the manuals aren't, so even if one were to download it at a rate of, say, one request per minute, it wouldn't take forever. But if someone has already succeeded in taking a complete snapshot, there isn't much point in other people doing the same.

No, not an up-to-date snapshot as of today. It was when I did it :) (I don't remember exactly when, but many months ago for sure). I've seen that a few more content was added in the meanwhile.
I'll have to scavenge a couple computers to find when, and using exactly what parameters.
I think I went as low as a few kbps.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - Massimo Gnerucci - 12-12-2018 12:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)