HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
12-08-2018, 07:37 PM
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
thanks very much indeed, David,

(12-08-2018 04:55 PM)DavidM Wrote:  Now it's my turn to learn some things, and possibly help to streamline this process even further. Specifically, which stats app (form) are you loading to perform the hypothesis testing? I see that there are two tests labeled as "T-Test", and my ignorance of statistics means that I'm not entirely sure of the appropriate means to experiment with this.

In this case, I'm using the two-sample T test; that would be RS-5 STAT menu, 5 "Hypoth. tests", test 6 "μ1-μ2". Then filling in the form values: x1, s1, n1 and x2, s2, n2, from arrays on the stack: [x1 x2], [s1 s2], [n1 n2]. The α and pooled values I enter manually (or leave alone). [the stack arrays are produced by the 96 MENU stats softkeys]

Quote:The reason I ask is this: it's possible to create a program which would populate multiple fields on the form with only one invocation, but to try this out I would need to know what values to use. If you wouldn't mind sharing a small example of your data and which form and values to select, I believe I could show you what I'm referring to. If this is something that you'd want to do fairly often, it might save you a lot of time (and keystrokes).

thank you!

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test - cdmackay - 12-08-2018 07:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)