HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
12-08-2018, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018 07:28 PM by cdmackay.)
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
thanks very much, Carsen,

(12-08-2018 02:43 AM)Carsen Wrote:  Well, it all depends on how much you plan to use the T-Stat form. If I had to use it frequently, I would create the program and keep it stored in my STATISTICS directory. On the other hand, if I didn't plan to use it frequently, then I would not use the program and stick to the OBJ-> and HIST method.

That makes good sense.

Quote:ORDER is used so that I can simply press VAR F1 ENTER VAR F2 ENTER VAR F3 ENTER VAR F4 ENTER (i.e. I don't have to hesitate and search for the variables in the VAR menu). However, David taught me the risks of ORDER in his post and that was something I was unaware of. So organization of the current directory is necessary.

Right. I read (in the HLP49 help file) a warning that items (in the current dir) not specified in the list are deleted by ORDER. But that contradicts the AUR, which says that they will placed after the listed vars. I'll test this later, but presumably the HLP49 doc is in error.

Quote:This reminds me of post #10 by Tim Wessman on this thread. You should read what he says about the 48 series because it also applies to the 50 series and I believe his point of view is correct.

I'd read that thread before, but it's good to be reminded; yes, sounds right.

thanks again Smile

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test - cdmackay - 12-08-2018 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)