HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
12-08-2018, 02:43 AM
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
(12-07-2018 05:55 AM)cdmackay Wrote:  I was trying to get it as lean as possible without resorting to programming; but perhaps that's the wrong way of thinking?

Well, it all depends on how much you plan to use the T-Stat form. If I had to use it frequently, I would create the program and keep it stored in my STATISTICS directory. On the other hand, if I didn't plan to use it frequently, then I would not use the program and stick to the OBJ-> and HIST method.

(12-07-2018 05:55 AM)cdmackay Wrote:  Is the use of ORDER solely so it looks better with the VAR softkeys, and Filer?

ORDER is used so that I can simply press VAR F1 ENTER VAR F2 ENTER VAR F3 ENTER VAR F4 ENTER (i.e. I don't have to hesitate and search for the variables in the VAR menu). However, David taught me the risks of ORDER in his post and that was something I was unaware of. So organization of the current directory is necessary.

(12-07-2018 05:55 AM)cdmackay Wrote:  I'm new to the 50g, and its programming and customisation seem to be the most flexible areas, so I need to adjust my approach Smile

This reminds me of post #10 by Tim Wessman on this thread. You should read what he says about the 48 series because it also applies to the 50 series and I believe his point of view is correct.

Thanks again to David for teaching me some more RPL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test - Carsen - 12-08-2018 02:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)