HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
12-06-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
(12-05-2018 06:15 AM)Carsen Wrote:  The values do not have to be written down on a piece of paper. If they are on the stack, you can use the HIST key to access the stack. Press HIST when you are in the T-Test environment, move the pointer to the value you want, press the soft menu ECHO, and then press ENTER.

thanks Carsen; it doesn't seem quite that simple, at least in the two-sample case that I'm considering.

If I use a 2-column arrangement in ΣDAT and the forms-based STAT (RS-5), I can select the column corresponding to the sample I want and request mean and sdev, and what gets put on the stack is a tagged object, e.g:
Code:
Mean:3
Std Dev:1.58
so when I then try to use HIST/ECHO to enter it into the hypothesis form, I have to muck about removing the text tag prefix. Or I could use DTAG before going into the stats form. Or, as you say, store it in a variable which would remove the tag. But I have to do each line separately.

If I instead use the soft-menu stats from the 96 MENU, it can handle both columns at once, and I get the results as an array on the stack:
Code:
[3. 4.]
[1.58 1.58]
which might be slightly easier to access from the hypothesis form, once it's in a var. It's also slightly easier to store, since it's easier to do mean and sdev separately, with the soft-menu keys, instead of having to go into the forms menu twice (for each column) with the RS-5 STAT.

I think I am spoiled by the import feature on the Prime's Inference app Smile

thanks again for the suggestions.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test - cdmackay - 12-06-2018 11:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)