Free42 for Windows: Alt-Tab fix
11-24-2018, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 03:49 PM by Thomas Okken.)
Free42 for Windows: Alt-Tab fix
Hi all,

As you may know, there is a long-standing issue with Free42 for Windows, where switching away from it using Alt-Tab, and then back, the keyboard is left in an unresponsive state, where it responds to mouse clicks but not to the PC keyboard.

I think I finally found a way to fix this. I coded it a couple of days ago, and tested it under Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2. It works fine, as far as I can tell, in those environments, but I don't have any other Windows environments available at the moment, so I can't vouch for this fix under, say, Windows XP, 7, or 8, and also don't know if this plays well with non-default theme settings.

Since I'm not ready for a full all-platform release of Free42 2.0.22 anyway, I was hoping maybe anyone would be interested in trying my Alt-Tab fix as beta testers in the meantime. For those who are, you can download it from http://thomasokken.com/free42/download/F...indows.zip

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this doesn't work as expected, and if so, under which version of Windows, and using which theme setting. I appreciate your help!

Thomas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Free42 for Windows: Alt-Tab fix - Thomas Okken - 11-24-2018 03:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)