Python comes to the Casio fx-CG 50
05-20-2020, 10:18 PM
RE: Python comes to the Casio fx-CG 50
(01-11-2020 08:50 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  
(01-11-2020 05:59 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  The Python I have on Casio fx-CG 50 is pretty limited: Basic commands and a simplified Math library.

And if you compare it to the TI's Python which seems better? TI Python Manual and a Middle school booklet for Python applications.

Csaba

ええと、私はフランス語が出来ません。

Looking at the bits I can understand (e.g. screenshots and the module/function list), it seems like TI's is pretty barebones, with just simple 'math' and 'random' modules. I'm assuming the TI implementation won't achieve very much system integration (graphics, TI variable access, etc.) since there's essentially a separate system running Python with the calculator just acting as a terminal. Casio at least has the casioplot module for graphical output now.

The TI code editor does have a smaller font than Casio's, so it can fit more code on screen, which is nice. But then the Casio can be connected to a computer like a USB flash drive, making it easy to transfer source code files back and forth without needing to mess with something like TI Connect CE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python comes to the Casio fx-CG 50 - Dave Britten - 05-20-2020 10:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)