Any 42S means to keep a Global Label hidden from XEQ and other menus?
10-04-2018, 06:17 PM
Any 42S means to keep a Global Label hidden from XEQ and other menus?
I think I probably know the answer to this, but as I fiddle with my 42S and Free42, I'm wondering if there is some way to keep certain global labels from appearing on menus like XEQ, CATALOG→PGM, and GTO?

Here's why: Say I load up a program like the nice unit converter "Convert" by Ton van de Burgt that is listed on Thomas Okken's site http://thomasokken.com/free42/42progs/index.html

It has a main front-end program called "CONV" whose only real purpose is to set up the soft menu with the 11 KEYX commands that access each of the other 11 programs (LENG, AREA, VOL, TIME, SPEED, MASS, and on the next row FORCE, ENRG, POWR, PRESS, TEMP) that do the actual conversions. Since these 11 unit programs are separate programs from CONV, they each need to be called from CONV via their own global rather than local label (e.g. XEQ "LENG" instead of XEQ 01). But once they are defined via global labels, they show up (and clutter up) CATALOG→PGM, XEQ, and GTO menus.

Ideally, I'd like to only access them through CONV and never see them present in the XEQ menu for example. They take up two rows on their own, which means that other programs of mine are a little harder to find, especially when I've got bunch like that.

Is there some way to suppress global labels we don't want on the menus? I suspect there is not and the "solution" is to rewrite CONV to be a big single program with the 11 menu choices handled as local labels within it.

Alternatively, I could just put the programs I actually want to see on the Custom menu and cease using XEQ. I tend to use the Custom Menu more for functions like R↑ at present.

Any other ideas? I find having every global label on the menus very cluttering. Thanks much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Any 42S means to keep a Global Label hidden from XEQ and other menus? - burkhard - 10-04-2018 06:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)