Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities
09-21-2018, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2018 04:59 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities
Hello!

(09-21-2018 01:26 PM)pier4r Wrote:  That of course wouldn't be possible without the calculator community.

Yes, of course! However every such program I downloaded and tried on one of the Ti calculators in my collection sooner or later crashed the calculator. Badly enough that the batteries and memory batteries needed to be taken out over night in order to bring it back to life. I am pretty sure that there are plenty of stable programs to be discovered out there but I gave up looking for them in the haystack. That reminds me a bit of the "shareware" craze in the early 1990ies where one could spend entire weeks trying out sharewares from magazine CDs (fast enough internet to download them was not yet available for mere mortals like me) only to find out that 95% of them were either total crap or totally unstable.

Greetings
Max

NB: And anyway, I am a hardware person. As much as I don't like calculators emulated on other devices I don't like video games emulated on calculators... If I wanted to play Tetris on a Game Boy (I really don't!) I would get myself a Game Boy on eBay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities - Maximilian Hohmann - 09-21-2018 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)