Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc?
04-24-2014, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 05:56 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
RE: Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc?
(04-24-2014 05:35 AM)HP67 Wrote:  I don't understand the emphasis on small at some point. Small calculators are as hard if not harder to use as big ones. The 48 was fine for a graphing/big screen model. The 67 is the right size for a non-graphing model. They both have a nice, grippable size and heft, and good, usable keyboards. Neither go in your pocket. The Voyagers can go in your pocket but nobody wants to lose one down the can, so... I end up wanting a useful, solid package more than something I can jam in my pocket.

The 50g is too wide and too thin. It's hard to hold firmly in one hand and it's unbalanced. It's like they were shooting for a slim phone form-factor but missed a few high points. I think they are getting away from useful human-engineering parameters for the sake of styling.

Right, right and right! The 48 series has the perfect form factor, the perfect keyboard layout and even the best interface (among several other well-designed elements).

Another point to the 50G's awkwardness is a very cluttered keyboard, overrun with second, third functions as well as alpha characters. Lots of stuff to cram onto that key layout--very overwhelming.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc? - Matt Agajanian - 04-24-2014 05:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)