stopwatch features on calculators
01-12-2019, 01:27 AM
RE: stopwatch features on calculators
Thanks for the link--and a big THANKS for your work building Free42. I registered on the SwissMicro forum, we'll see how long it takes to get approved to post.

I've been using (and programming) HP calculators since 1972, starting with the HP 70 business model. Pretty much the whole line as a user--not collector--including the HP Prime. I used the 67 and its card reader extensively in a "time before PC's" to do international investment evaluation. Now I'm relearning on the HP42S simulators based on Free42. I'll just call them 42's for simplicity.

What I am missing more than a timekeeper is the ability to load data into my calculator like I could with the 67. The Prime is so tied into the educational testing business that I/O must be gated through a central computer. What I would like to do is load data for analysis into my 42 in the same way as loading programs. Either the iPhone way or DM42. In any case the data would be stores as matrixes.

On the iPhone 42 there is an option for a dynamic stack, so in theory I could wrap the data in a program and run a routine on the stack to put it in a matrix, but there has to be a better way.

Cheers,
Donal
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
stopwatch features on calculators - pier4r - 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM
RE: stopwatch features on calculators - dbbotkin - 01-12-2019 01:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)