TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
01-29-2019, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2019 12:16 PM by pier4r.)
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
(01-29-2019 09:43 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  And I need more memory, I want to log my measurements
Then I don't understand why you say here: but show me somebody who need more than 10-15 . It sounds inconsistent to me.

Quote:I want
Honestly? Good luck with that. You describe an instrument really non trivial to make that most of your fellows wouldn't care to buy and it would be pretty expensive to produce.

Also I disagree with the ideas that you try to push about "the scope of the engineer". If the engineer needs to, the engineer is not afraid to learn more tools and to devise new ones (I include little programs here) by himself. Otherwise it is someone equipped with little ingenuity, that instead should be part of being a good engineer (or problem solver of sorts).

And what if you were born in the time were at most slide rules were available? Would you have said "sorry I cannot do the work alone, I need someone that helps me manipulating numbers. Manipulating numbers is not in the scope of the engineer, I need better tools" ?

I, for one, am happy that we have a vast array of calculators still available. Although they have their limits because the target audience is what it is. The target audience will never play a mp3 on a calculator (nor compute anything intensive on it). The audience would find the idea weird.

I am happy we still have programmable calculators although the people that use them for programming nowadays are only an handful compared to the target audience to which calculators are sold.

I am happy we have people making custom firmware for calculators and sharing their knowledge. Whatever limits those firmware have.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one? - pier4r - 01-29-2019 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)