LIFUTILS 1.7.8 and pyILPER 1.7.2 beta release
08-07-2018, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2018 06:34 AM by jsi.)
LIFUTILS 1.7.8 and pyILPER 1.7.2 beta release
I published a beta version of the LIFUTILS 1.7.8 and pyILPER 1.7.2 on GitHub.

pyILPER got some bug fixes and two new features:
  • User defined keyboard shortcuts
  • Tagging of scope log files

See this post and the updated manual for details.

The LIFUTILS got a comprehensive tutorial and the existing documentation was checked and updated. I hope that this will gain a better access to the software.

I did tests with reading and writing HP9114 compatible floppy disks with the LIFUTILS, wich is only supported for LINUX. It proved that the results highly depend on the capabilities of the floppy drive and controller of the LINUX system.

Many thanks to Dave Frederickson and Craig Bladow in supporting the tests.

The command-q issue on Mac OS reported by Sylvain Cote could not be fixed because it seems to be an internal problem with QT. Using native menus in pyILPER solves this problem but introduces other more serious issues.

I would be very happy if you could give the beta versions a try. Installation kits are provided for the LIFUTILS.

To install the beta of pyILPER 1.7.2 :
  • download the source code zip file pyilper-1.7.2b2.zip from the assets section of the beta on the release page
  • unzip that file in an arbitrary directory
  • run the beta version with
Code:
python pyilper-1.7.2b2\start.py
(Windows) or
Code:
python pyilper-1.7.2b2/start.py
(Linux or Mac OS).

If you get the error message "This script requires Python 3.4 or newer!" use python3 instead.

The beta version uses an other set of configuration files. Therefore it does not affect your production version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
LIFUTILS 1.7.8 and pyILPER 1.7.2 beta release - jsi - 08-07-2018 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)