41CL Maximum registers for DATA/PROGS storage
07-20-2018, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2018 11:26 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
RE: 41CL Maximum registers for DATA/PROGS storage
(07-19-2018 06:02 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  This emulator give me over 3000 registers: I use SIZE 900.
This is an extension specific to HP-41X emulator and thus not compatible with any 41C+Quad, CV, CX or CL.
The CL reimplement the Nut CPU and run the standard 41 OS code, so the maximum SIZE possible is 319.

(07-19-2018 06:02 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  More of this I have installed the W&W RAMBOX emulation, that store programs and permits to execute them from rambox page.
I don't understand from 41CL manuals if exits a possibility to store programs in a page and execute from this page and if in 41CL the rambox use hp 41 standard ports or pages.
Using the W&W RAMBOX in a 41CL is pretty straightforward, here is the step-by-step how-to.

Code:
command                     description
Setup MMU (this example cleanup the MMU to avoid any conflict)
Code:
MMUDIS                      disable MMU  
MMUCLR                      clear MMU configuration
"YFNX"                      41CL Extreme Functions ROM module name (XROM 15)
PLUG1L                      map module to page 8
"RM32"                      W&W RAMbox-32 ROM module name (XROM 31)
PLUG1U                      map module to page 9
"113>820"                   initialize RAM block (since we will be using XROM 27 for our module simulation, we need to choose a ROM with the same XROM ID to avoid any conflict)
YMCPY                       copy the EILP (XROM 27) module from Flash (0x113) to RAM (0x820) [for v2 board use address 0x016 instead of 0x113]
"820-RAM"                   4K RAM block at address 0x820 (XROM 27 will be used for this simulated module)
PLUG2L                      map RAM block to page 10
MMUEN                       enable MMU
Code:
CAT 2                       should display "-RAMBOX 32" then "-EXT IL+"
Setup simulated W&W RAMBox RAM at page 10
Code:
27                          module simulation XROM ID
10                          module simulation page address
"-WW RB PG10"               module simulation name (any name of 8 characters or more will do here)
INITPG                      module simulation initialization
FRBYT?                      module simulation free RAM space, should return 4044 words
CAT 2                       should display "-RAMBOX 32" then "-WW RB PG10"
Move the "MY-PROG" program from main memory to module simulation memory (replace "MY-PROG" for your own program name)
Code:
"MY-PROG"                   name of the program
LDPGM                       copy the program from main memory to module simulation memory
FRBYT?                      module simulation free RAM space, should return less than 4044 words
CAT 2                       press R/S when "-WW RB PG10" is displayed, then press ENTER, you should see "MY-PROG" displayed
CLP "MY-PROG"               clear the program from main memory
XEQ "MY-PROG"               execute the program from the module simulated memory

In this example I have only mapped 1 RAM page, but you can map more as needed into available pages like you would do with the physical W&W RAMBox unit.

Sylvain

edit 1: added "MY-PROG" section
edit 2: added a temporary module as a place holder prevent the 41CL to hang, thanks Patrik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CL Maximum registers for DATA/PROGS storage - Sylvain Cote - 07-20-2018 12:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)