This poll is closed.
Layout a) 64.58% 31 64.58%
Layout b) 35.42% 17 35.42%
Total 48 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A sweet little poll about the WP 31S layout
04-15-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: A sweet little poll about the WP 31S layout
(04-14-2014 07:16 PM)walter b Wrote:  Apparently the WP 31S is interesting for many.

True. Looking at the layouts they are both very clean and elegant and it really comes down to how often one uses certain function groups. I find it hard to really choose one over the other.

Asked myself, why this layout has so much appeal to me. Even though the machine is non-programmable...
Only answer I came up with: So much cleaner and less confusing, almost the elegance of the HP-41.
Get me right: The 34s is a perfectly balanced and elegant machine, given the hardware constraints, but I never quite understood, how HP could go away from the downright solid approach of XEQ ALPHA Something] ALPHA. It kept the keyboard clean and you never had to think a minute, in which menu this or that instruction might hide. MODE, TEST P.FCN and X.FCN are well thought out, but I have to admit that I just have to check two catalogs far to often to find a specific thing...

That said: It should even be possible - in the end - to compile and distribute BOTH layouts for the same firmware and distribute ONE overlay where people would only have to shift a few keys between two rows. I'm sure, some compiler-savvy dissident will be happy to do this, just for the heck of it. When the 34S has six different firmware packages...

What was "Rumpelstilzchen" in english again?

a.n.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A sweet little poll about the WP 31S layout - anetzer - 04-15-2014 07:57 AM
Poll result and a new question - walter b - 04-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Here we go! - walter b - 04-21-2014, 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)