Is there an automatic user deletion process active in this forum?
04-15-2014, 05:27 PM
RE: Is there an automatic user deletion process active in this forum?
Dave and Katie,

I was simply giving some credence to the user assertion that they assumed that they had registered and subsequently could not get back in despite. If you were to register at .org and then later use .com you would experience just such a user described event; and it would not leave you with a clue as to the incorrect entry path causing the user to remain somewhat frustrated. It happened to me!

It appears all the time that users unintentionally alternate between .org and the likely more frequently used .com so if this is not an intended portal entry (and since you control both domains apparently) you could consider to easily change that very early on in the start web page (like start. , index., default.) and go to the On_Load() event or similar and re-direct the address call to the .org. That would probably not require a BBS software re-design. Obviously that is your decision.

Personally, I would deal with this issue to avoid further confusion; I would never want to leave any unhandled (log-in) errors to be fixed in the future.

Thanks for looking into it.

- Sikuq
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there an automatic user deletion process active in this forum? - Sikuq - 04-15-2014 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)