Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users
06-04-2018, 10:07 PM
RE: Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users
(06-04-2018 10:17 AM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  you'll probably love the TI-86: well out of production but still available on various auction sites.

That is true, the only problem with TI85/86 it is impossible to find one which have no LCD problem (because of poor quality of LCD/motherboard connection) - which as I know hard to fix by yourself.

I really like my TI83+, because it is easy to programming and very handy to store few equations and type in measured data and store it into a list and do what you want in statistics on the data. Maybe the TI-84+ is better, because you can make your programs on PC and you can upload to the calculator.

The big drawback is the one character long variable names. It is terrible if you want to make programs on these units.

Mait, if you want a really good calculator for engineering, that is one HP-48xx or maybe a 49G. These units are the typical do-anything calculators but they are really slow machines.

Or you can select a powerful CASIO from the 80's AND another TI. As I guess, you will use the little CASIO frequently and sometimes the big one.

I am a mechanical engineer and I need to store lots of equations during my work, therefore I use a simple machine with a powerful solver for that. Currently my loved HP32SII, but my equations are stored in my 35S and in my 48GX also (and in my 49G, 39GS, 17BII, TI-83+, TI-84+, etc...)

Csaba
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users - Csaba Tizedes - 06-04-2018 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)