hp12c / hp12c platinum; which to buy
05-26-2018, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2018 11:11 AM by pattox.)
RE: hp12c / hp12c platinum; which to buy
Unfortunately, because I live in Australia, the $20 purchase of a used hp12c on the USA ebay site escalates to around $50 to $60 after including shippings costs. That tends to take the gloss of that option, especially when I can buy a new one with shipping included on amazon for about the same price.

What causes me to hesitate about buying new are some of the terrible user reviews on amazon re keypad, display and short product lifetime.

Also, as Bob Prosperi mentioned, often supporting details can’t be relied upon so its not clear what one is actually getting. For instance, on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-HP12C-12C-Fina...B00000JBLH

the product details refer to “1 CR123A batteries required. (included)”. From what I understand the CR123A is a relatively large cylinder which would dwarf the calculator.

It’s a real shame hp’s towering early reputation for quality has eroded so badly, otherwise it would be an easy decision to buy new.

Anyway, thank you all again. I think I will just watch my local ebay for earlier pre owned models in good condition at a reasonable price.

I need to add that I already have 2 hp older financial calculators. I just want an hp12c as a "nostalgia purchase".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp12c / hp12c platinum; which to buy - pattox - 05-26-2018 07:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)