Prime Academy | Learning Center
04-19-2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Prime Academy | Learning Center
(05-13-2018 05:51 PM)lschroeder1947 Wrote:  In response for assistance from our local alternate school, I have setup a website, Prime Academy | Learning Center, to help local students at the alternate high school with their self-directed online algebra and geometry course work. Alternate students are allowed to use administrated controlled, content restricted Chromebooks, as well as their phones.

[edit 04/15/2019 - Combining cross platform HP Prime calculator apps and physical HP Prime calculator with cross platform delivery vehicle of Microsoft Onenote. Specifically Onenote's digital Ink (digital pen on virtual paper). Starting initial with Finite Math content. Take a look.]

[edit 04/02/2019 - We are adding videos that we created to our site. Click on the above link and take a look! I used the HP Prime Emulator to demonstrate the calculator's interface and operation described on the Prime Academy | Learning Center's web pages. I prefer the direct link to youtube's embedded version. Google added some advertisements when you pause the embedded version. If you want to just look at one video try the video on this page].

[edit 02/25/2019 - Good news! - Galesburg North has been able to hire a full-time math teacher. Will be meeting with him shortly to get his views on technology in the classroom. I am a big advocate of technology in the classroom if it is used correctly. I know from 27 years of teaching math at the community college level that it made a difference in many of my students life.

Will keep working and adding to this site since I feel that this material can be a benefit to many students, teachers, and HP Prime users.]

The plan is to use individualized issued student Chromebooks to access the site and HP Prime Lite / Free mobile apps for the calculator. Then when needed students will add the HP Prime Pro mobile app for geometry.

The alternate high school was highly successful until administrated budget matters cut their staff and building. It is hoped that this site and HP Prime mobile apps can help their current remaining dedicated staff with the algebra and geometry curriculum in their new home in a wing of the traditional high school.

Feel free to use this site with any students or schools that would like to learn or gain proficiency with the HP Prime Calculator or HP Prime mobile apps. The best use of this site is a power user like yourself using the material found here to help a new user get started.

As an aide for the alternate school users and any students who use this site, we are including content pages for all the primary parts of our book HP Prime Guide Algebra Fundamentals in the Algebra tab. Currently we have four chapters complete, with the remaining three chapter sections being available as the final three book chapter sections are added to this site.

The Geometry material we are just starting to create.

At the present time we consider the site useful but a work in progress. Additional clarification, corrections, and revisions will be needed. See the attached Revision_19_02_25.pdf for latest changes and Algebra / Geometry additions.

Use this thread to post your reactions / contributions to the pages on Prime Academy | Learning Center.

Larry

This is wonderful. I am enjoying your videos, they are very clear and precise.

Eddie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Academy | Learning Center - smp - 05-13-2018, 06:05 PM
RE: Prime Academy | Learning Center - Eddie W. Shore - 04-19-2019 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)