Software for "Variable" and directories for HP Prime?
05-16-2018, 05:04 AM
RE: Software for "Variable" and directories for HP Prime?
Hello,

Actually, folders/tree architectures are "natural" for us ONLY because they have been used in computers for so long...

But they are a bad analogy to real life where we mostly thing in graphs with no "root" or top level and multiple ways to access a particual set of data.

Folders are used in computers because they are easy to implement and work with on the computers, not because they are "natural"...

You can verify what I am saying by asking kids, who have much less experience with "folders" as they work on tablets, phones and other systems with no user visible directory architectures. You will see that for them these are not that natural.

I DO agree that the current Prime system does NOT scale well when they are a lot of apps/programs/notes... and this is somehting that we will need to deal with at some point (probably in a way similar to the one choosen by apple/android, ie: a visual grouping of data set).

Just out of interest, how many apps/programs/notes do you have on your calculator at this point in time?

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Software for "Variable" and directories for HP Prime? - cyrille de brébisson - 05-16-2018 05:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)