Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
05-11-2018, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2018 11:09 PM by Vtile.)
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
(05-11-2018 07:27 PM)dmmaster Wrote:  
(05-11-2018 05:51 PM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  A lot of it is generational, too. I’m in my 70s and have been an RPN person all my life. Not being able to program in RPN/RPL is a deal breaker for me. As all us old RPN people retire, there is less and less demand for RPN programmability, and the Prime becomes more viable in the engineering market.

Is RPN/RPL really for for retired users/engineers? Btw, RPN/RPL is possible with the prime, settings, like the HP50G.

Optimus Prime will be with voice control, and hologram, very probably.

It not the age, I'm 40 years less experienced, but for my brains and how my head works the RP(L/N) reverse polish logic is spot on. I will not return to algebraic. Not at least as long I can get my hands a spare parts for 50g or equivalent machines. It is so sophisticated both in how the programs builds up from simple sub modules and how the actual calculations builds naturally up from sub modules.

Obviously I wouldn't want to program a monolithic windowing OS with the RPL, but for (interactive) mathematical environment it is a god like.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer! - Vtile - 05-11-2018 11:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)