Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
05-06-2018, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2018 09:28 PM by dmmaster.)
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
(05-06-2018 08:02 PM)Vtile Wrote:  I kind of find the TI-83+ listing amusing since it were the calculator got me through my A-levels (CAS monsters are allowed today, lucky bastards), which I recall did contain geometry .. a lot of it.

Then it got me through my UAS degree, which again did have all things not suitable for it. I were too cheap to get the 50g, so I just did lust friends CAS monsters back then. For the 2nd tour in academic world I did get the 50g, wish I had it before, would have saved some nerves in differential and many other courses. Well maybe it is a good thing I did have unsuitable calculator back then it did force me to learn how to do it with "four banger" as I used it.

If you need a calc, just take the best, for your great success!
However,...

Today many students over-use CAS and so much power in their hands. Schools and univs. teach students to use Mathematica and how to rely (heavily) on software (at least in Europe). I don't know maybe in Asia, it is different.

Well, time has changed really.

But,... time ago, during all my studies, calculators were forbidden for exams and as well for laboratories. I have been really lucky that this was like that. No computer, no calculators, sometimes just something enough to make a cos, sin and tan and +-*/.
Maybe this is probably the reason that I liked maths so much, and that I became good at it Wink

No calc, the best of the best really.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer! - dmmaster - 05-06-2018 09:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)