HP35s: is there really no way to enter a "?"
02-26-2018, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2018 12:10 PM by Dieter.)
HP35s: is there really no way to enter a "?"
As you will know, the 35s allows displaying alpha messages and prompts by setting flag 10 and entering text as an equation. Since in equation mode most of the commands can be accessed and the message text can be edited freely there are numerous special characters that are accessible this way: Greek letters, subscripts, some lowercase letters and many more. Also comma and exclamation mark are available – but I see no way of entering a simple question mark which would be more than useful for many prompts.

Just to be sure that I don't overlook something here: is there really no way to enter a "?" in 35s messages? The character set of course includes a "?" as it is required for the test commands.

I also seem to remember there was a more or less complete reference of the available characters, maybe a post in the old forum, which may have appeared shortly after the 35s was available in 2007. Maybe someone can point me to that article?

Dieter

Edit: corrected year of introduction. #-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP35s: is there really no way to enter a "?" - Dieter - 02-26-2018 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)