What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer
04-09-2014, 02:09 AM
RE: What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer
Quote:printed on really bad paper, essentially newsprint, and I wasn't sure it would survive the cutting or the trip through the document feeder

That can be a problem. I've had some success by using the auto feed at maximum resolution. On the ScanSnap, this will slow down the feed mechanism and it eliminates the possibility of tearing or jamming. The feed is about one fourth of the normal speed. The lower speed helps with delicate pages. You still have to watch for little tears in the original. If these are repaired with clear tape, then I can usually get a good feed.

The big advantage of the ScanSnap is that it's a straight thru document feeder - hopper on top and then straight thru - no curving of the input sheets. This helps a lot. That's one of the reasons I settled on it. Plus Fujitsu makes replacement, do-it-yourself, chinch wheel kits. As they wear out over time, you can just buy a kit and pop in new wheels.

I just checked the counter and I have scanned in 10,097 sheets, most of which were double sided. The rollers are supposed to be good for 200,000 sheets, so I guess I have a way to go before they will need replacing. I better get busy scanning more stuff.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 04-09-2014 02:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)