Follow-up from HHC 2017 in Nashville - Commodore calculators?
12-27-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Follow-up from HHC 2017 in Nashville - Commodore calculators?
Hello!

(12-27-2017 02:01 PM)Gene Wrote:  I know the last time I gave a talk like this was on the SR-56 and several people bought one.

Although I could not attend the conferences and had to watch the talks on YouTube instead I am certainly one of those who bought an SR-56 after seeing it :-)

(12-27-2017 02:01 PM)Gene Wrote:  Did anyone buy a commodore after the conference due to the presentation?

So far not, unfortunately. As much as I have been looking no M55 has come up for sale... And I must say that the prices for the "bog standard" models are quite high these days. Luckily I already have some Commodores from back when one could afford to buy them, including the wonderful and rare N60. (That red one from the talk is still up for sale with no explanation why it is red.)

In my experience, the rechargeable models are not as bad as we are told in the talk. I have 3 PR-100 units and they all three of them work. The batteries (which I have removed in the meantime) of course hold no charge any more but they can be powered from a regulated power supply. And for those who are looking for Commodore calculators: In Europe they were sold under the brand name "CBM" (Commodore Business Machines).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow-up from HHC 2017 in Nashville - Commodore calculators? - Maximilian Hohmann - 12-27-2017 07:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)