Is the Prime suitable, for me
03-25-2014, 06:38 AM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me
Hello,

Quote:I heard about the Prime last night and got up before 4:00 this morning to research further.
Dedication!!!!

Quote:I've been using PC's and Servers for years, but miss the clarity and ease of use of my old HP41 CX (with PPC ROM).
Clarity is, in lots of ways in the eye of the beholder... and ie heavely based on past history. RPN is not clear for younglings :-) (unfortunately)...

Quote:My research this morning suggested that maybe the Prime can't be programmed using a stack based language.
We are now entering the meat of your questions.
You are correct, the Prime programming language (PPL) is Pascal/C like, not Forth based. So there is no stack programming there.

Quote:I'd like to transcribe some existing HP41 code and use it again.
Since both are turing complete languages, you can transcribe them. However, they will be totally different from a source code standpoint.

Quote:'d like to inter-operate with a PC (USB is OK, though a bidirectional WiFi link would be appreciated). I'd like the opportunity to code on a PC, potentially generate code from programs...
that you can

Quote:I find RPN style equation representation, APL / J matrix style and functional, are more productive and satisfying than the bracketed, arbitrary precedence... ways of writing equations.
Sorry. I can not help you there...

Cyrille
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is the Prime suitable, for me - Mike Gale - 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-24-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - cyrille de brébisson - 03-25-2014 06:38 AM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-28-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - 1HPGuy - 03-25-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-29-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Is the Prime suitable, for me - jebem - 03-30-2014, 10:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)