How do you use your calculator(s)? (or did*)
12-18-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: How do you use your calculator(s)? (or did*)
Great question! These days I mostly use my Hp Prime for everything at my desk, whether it’s for simple calculations, limited financial calculations, or for specialized equation solving. The best part is the brightly lit display, which for older eyes, really helps!

I tend to carry a smaller machine with me when traveling — maybe a DM15L or my WP34s. Other calculators are dotted around the house for quick access. HP35s behind the living room bar because you never know when you’ll need some of its useful functions. TI-36X Pro in the kitchen for quick conversions — metric to Imperial etc. And sometimes I’ll just pull out the 50g because it is second to none in capability and is kind of fun.

The TI-89 is pretty much an abandoned astronaut — it just takes up space. But my college calculator, a TI-58 (sadly not a 58C) completely got me through a B.S. degree with assorted electives in statistics, math, and other stuff in addition to chemistry! It even got me through a Ph.D, so I have fond memories of that one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you use your calculator(s)? (or did*) - JimP - 12-18-2017 08:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)