on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
12-04-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
RPN is for people who never, ever make mistakes so that they do not have to edit, or even see, a completed formula and who get a kick out of editing a program while seeing only one instruction at a time. I know because I used to be like that myself. :-) And, to be more serious, when I bought my HP 67 in 1977 or so, RPN was of course vastly superior to any alternatives.

Now that I have grown up (and/or old) and I am making more and more mistakes every day, such as engaging in religious discussions like this one, as well as having to maintain the produce of others, I generally prefer readability and maintainability over squeezing out as many bytes and/or keystrokes as possible.

So although I still have a number of RPN devices (and will get a DM42 for kicks) and I appreciate and admire the clever work done by the many RPN heroes that are still out there, my favourite calculator is the HP Prime. In non-RPN mode, using textbook input etc, i.e. like a real wuss and proud of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics - AlexFekken - 12-04-2017 01:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)