on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
12-03-2017, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 08:17 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
(12-03-2017 07:43 PM)Trond Wrote:  I just tried this calculation in both (don't do any of it in your head of course):

I know this is personal and not very scientific, but that calculation is way faster in RPN for me at least.

I just did the same using an Hp-35s which happened to lie on my desk. Personally I am faster using the algebraic variant, firstly because I am more used to it and and also because on this calculator I can see almost the whole "equation" in the display. Since the calculator inserts the ")" on it's own, the number of keystrokes is about the same. In RPN I have to press "Enter" several times, in algebraic mode I have to press "(" and "right arrow" to get out of the parentheses. I guess it really depends on your background. On my Ti59 I could only see the last number and still was able to calculate complicated stuff. Back in those days of course :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics - Maximilian Hohmann - 12-03-2017 08:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)