on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
12-03-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
Hi!

(12-03-2017 06:54 PM)pier4r Wrote:  That said, I pick the umbrella and prepare for the incoming sheepstorm.

Don't worry, you are not the only heretic in this forum. As you have read the old threads you may have seen that I already confessed several times that I am really a Ti person. My Ti59 got me through the last part of school and university with ease and I never found it mor difficult to remember how many parentheses I had already opened than which part of the equation I pushed onto what level of the stack.

But as you say, RPN is closer to the machine and certainly results in less keystrokes and therefore shorter programs - a big advantage in the days when memory was a precious resource. But those days came to an end before the mid 1980ies.

If I ever need a calculator at work again (right now the only one I really use is a smartphone App called "Flight Time Calculator" which prevents me from mistakes when I fill in the technical aircraft log after a long day) it will be algebraic one with a dialect of BASIC, just like a Ti89 or Voyage 200 (if size does not matter).

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics - Maximilian Hohmann - 12-03-2017 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)