Adjoint matrix (my function): ok with numbers but not symbolics
11-10-2017, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 05:41 PM by salvomic.)
RE: Adjoint matrix (my function): ok with numbers but not symbolics
(11-10-2017 04:41 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  There should not have been, so this is interesting and exactly why we wanted a more public beta to test a wider range of user programs.

To be clear, you are calling your function in the CAS where previously it worked fine? Or are you calling it from Home?

Please provide exact steps that DID work in prior versions and now no longer work. Thank you!

I called my adj() in CAS with this code:
Code:
adj([[a,b],[c,d]])
that should return
\[ \begin{Vmatrix}
d & -b \\
-c & a
\end{Vmatrix} \]
and instead return an error.
If I try
Code:
adj([[1,2],[4,3]])
I get correctly
\[
\begin{Vmatrix}
3 & -2 \\
-4 & 1
\end{Vmatrix}
\]

In my program adj(m) recall the internal cofactors(m) that use MAKEMAT and an internal function, minor(mat, r,c) that simply use delrows() and delcols() to delete row r and col c and pass the argument, and so on.
A simple code that, if I well remember worked well with numbers and with letters first (however I can be wrong, I don't remember if in older version it worked also with letters, I would like to understand why the littoral matrix is taken as it wouldn't a matrix and why then there is the "bad argument type")...

Also in iOS app I get the error. So I wonder: maybe it's not a real bug but only a problem with types of vars?

Simply, I thought that passing a matrix (m) it were indifferent if the matrix had numbers or letters (for symbolic calc) in its elements...

EDIT: also with adj([[1, SIN(x)],[2,3]]) I get "Error: Bad argument type"
\[
\begin{Vmatrix}
1 & sin(x) \\
2 & 3
\end{Vmatrix}
\]

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjoint matrix (my function): ok with numbers but not symbolics - salvomic - 11-10-2017 04:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)